“There’s an app for that”… This phrase, thanks to Apple, has become part of our everyday language. But what does it mean? And what is the difference between a mobile app and a mobile website? Here’s a quick explanation:
App versus Website
is phone specific
is a computer program
does not need Internet access to use
In contrast, a mobile website:
works on all phones
is accessed via the Internet
costs far less to create and is easily updated.
An easy way to think of the difference is a mobile website is just like a “regular” website that you would surf from home or work, but geared for use on a mobile device, like a phone. An app is a computer program created specifically for your business for use on a mobile device.
With CafePepper, you can easily create a mobile website for your business. You can build your site in about an hour, edit your website on your own, and try it out for 30 days for free. Why not give it a spin?
1. Social Media is the new “word of mouth” marketing.
2. Social Media is an opportunity for you to have two-way conversations with your customers.
3. You can find out what your customer thinks about your brand without the expensive focus groups and research – they’ll tell you… and each other!
4. While Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn are the “Top Stars”, there are many other services on which you can connect to your customer as well!
5. Blogging is another form of social media – and a great way to generate traffic from the search engines!
6. Your content needs to be more than a sales pitch – use social media to give them information and gain their trust.
7. While social media allows you to be personal and professional with your customers, you should keep your personal and professional pages separate.
8. You can reach your customers with exclusive deals or information and should have a clear plan on how – make them feel like they are “in the loop” with their favorite products!
9. Be sure to let the world know you are on social media sites, via your website, publications, menus, advertisements – wherever you reach your customers!
10. You can start small, but you MUST start somewhere.
DID YOU KNOW that Facebook has 350 Million users and 100 Million of those are in the U.S.? The average user spends 55 minutes per day on Facebook – imagine capturing some of that time for YOUR business!
Stay tuned as we will be exploring these topics in more detail in the weeks to come.